Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Cover art coming soon!!!

It's been a fun week. I met with my editor and she told me they're on schedule for the ARCs (Advance Reader Copies) to come out early next month. In the next couple of days I have to finish stuff like the dedication and the acknowledgements. Plus, they want questions for book clubs and classrooms to include at the back of the book. And yes, they told me to do this awhile ago, but of course I procrastinated. Shameful.

Also, they told me today they're hoping to have the cover art from the artist by the end of this week. You can imagine how anxious I am for that. Who cares what I wrote, the success of the book could ride solely on how cool the cover is! My fingers are crossed and I may not sleep for the rest of the week.

It will be posted here the second my publisher lets me. I can't wait to see it!!!!

4 comments:

C. Michelle Jefferies said...

I'm exited foryou it must be an awesome experience to get to where you are. I am looking forward to it for myself. You have inspired me and have learned a great deal from you. thank you

Michelle

James Dashner said...

Michelle, thank you, that's very nice of you. The world should tremble at the prospect that I've inspired anyone, but thank you all the same!

Heather Moore said...

Okay. You're on my blog. No, I don't want a free book. I'll buy the thing in the store like a real fan. http://mywriterslair.blogspot.com/

James Dashner said...

Heather, you already broke the rules by posting this comment on the wrong post. Shame on you.

Lucky for you, you were getting a free copy anyway. (Heather is in my critique group and is a professional editor. Be sure and check out her blogs.)