Monday, September 8, 2008
I am such a liar.
I think it was only 2 weeks ago that I promised I'd update the blog three times a week, and then boom, I only did it once last week. I am ashamed. The good news is I worked my tail off and things are coming along nicely. Here are some random things to catch up:
1. I saw a preliminary version of the cover for THE HUNT FOR DARK INFINITY today, and let me just say this: yeah boy. It's awesome. I love it. I'm hoping to reveal it to the world sometime next week, so stay tuned. Bryan Beus, you are Da Man.
2. Our Grand Prize winner, JN Future Author, has already read THE MAZE RUNNER and returned his feedback to me. It must've been fate to pick someone so willing and eager! I don't think he'd mind me telling you that he said it's definitely one of the Top 5 books he's ever read, and he's read many, many books. This really made my day.
3. The Falcons won yesterday, in spectacular fashion. Matt Ryan threw a touchdown on his first ever NFL pass and Michael Turner ran for 220 yards and 2 TDs. Giddyup.
4. Once again, I have failed you in keeping up my events calendar. I have to figure out a better way of doing this! Anyway, I'm very excited to be a guest at the annual League of Utah Writers Roundup Conference this weekend in Ogden UT. I'm teaching 2 workshops, sitting on a panel, and - I'm very excited about this - I get to be the MC of the awards dinner on Saturday night. It's gonna be fun! For more information, CLICK HERE.
5. My full schedule so far is posted at http://www.the13threality.com/, but here's a quickie version of where I will be on this fall's version of The Change the World Tour:
Sept 22-26: San Francisco
Sept 29-Oct 3: Houston
Oct 6-7: Orem UT
Oct 13-18: New Hampshire and Massachusetts
Oct. 20-24: North and South Carolina
Oct. 27-30: Idaho
Dec. 1-2: Atlanta
I'll be visiting lots of schools and doing many signings, so please come see me!
6. THE MAZE RUNNER is due exactly one week from today. I'm spending this week going through some feedback and touching up a few scenes I don't feel entirely good about yet. But I feel like it's almost there, and I'll definitely be ready to send it to my editor next Monday. Let us all pray she doesn't hate it.
7. I may have some great news soon. How's that for vague? Stay tuned.
8. If anyone thinks I'm neglecting you, I'm very sorry. This has been the most intense 2 or 3 weeks of my author career, but it'll be over soon.
9. Speaking of, I've also been reviewing the first pass pages, galleys, typeset pages, whatever you call it, for 13th Reality 2. That's due on Wednesday. Hey, that book's not half bad!
10. I consumed the single largest hot dog ever created by man tonight. My neighbor grilled up some dogs that looked like lumber, dwarfing the buns my wife purchased. I'm pretty sure I shaved 7 months off my life by eating the whole thing.
Talk to ya Wednesday! (I hope)
Posted by James Dashner at 10:14 PM