Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Here's what's on my mind today:
1. Six weeks from now, THE MAZE RUNNER will be in stores! I can't believe it's getting so close. Don't you remember back in the day when you'd get report cards every six weeks? And you'd wonder who the h%$# sent a hornet up Ms. Hudson's beehind to make her give you a D in "Conduct"? That's how long we have. I don't know what that means, but we're definitely getting closer.
2. I received my preliminary schedule for the release tour. I'll be going to (in this order): Seattle, San Francisco/Oakland, Chicago, New York City, Washington DC, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Los Angelas. Look for specific details as we get closer to October 6. (Sorry, Mom, no Atlanta.)
3. I attended a really fun get-together with book bloggers over the weekend, organized by the great Natasha Maw. Instead of giving a report myself, you should read this hilarious account by fellow writer Brodi Ashton, who apparently has a magic ability to digest ice cream upon swallowing: CLICK HERE. She also gives a nice list of other reports if you're interested.
4. THE BLADE OF SHATTERED HOPE (Book 3 of THE 13TH REALITY) now stands at 85,000 words. I'm right in the heart and meat of the Big Ending. Something very disturbing happens. What a surprise!
5. I'm getting better at the Twitter thing, and I plan on doing it quite a bit on the tour so everyone can get a taste of what it's like. I'm also gonna do an intense "Typical Day of an Author" thing soon. To follow me, CLICK HERE. (Twitter name is "jamesdashner")
6. If you don't live in the Rocky Mountains, this is what you missed on Sunday:
Lyrics of the Day
The fire in your eyes
Keeps me alive
I'm sure in her you'll find
And the world and the world
The world turns around
She Sells Sanctuary, The Cult (No idea what those lyrics mean, but I challenge you to listen to this song in the car and not feel like something really awesome is gonna happen to you wherever you end up.)
Posted by James Dashner at 10:33 AM