Thursday, February 21, 2008

The King's English and Reviews on Amazon


Hey, I just spoke to Jenn Northington of The King's English bookstore in Salt Lake City. It's an independent, very posh, very hip bookstore that is known across the country. Shannon Hale told me I had to do an event there, so I'd taken them a book and hoped for the best. Well, it's on!

If you live in Utah, PLEASE COME! It will be the evening of Tuesday March 18th at 7:00 pm. The address: 1511 South 1500 East in Salt Lake City. There will be more info to follow, but I wanted to plant the seed. It's seriously the coolest, most quaint, fun bookstore you'll ever see.

Also, you can now post reviews on THE 13TH REALITY at amazon! Please, if you were able to read an advance copy, head on over there and leave a review. Unless you hated it, in which I'd like you to pretend you never read this. Of course, if you hated it, why would you still be reading my blog?

Here's the link: CLICK HERE

Also, please don't forget the 13th Reality Charity Drive. To count, you can leave a comment on any posting you'd like - I see them all. Read the details in the post below this one. Thanks!

7 comments:

Luisa Perkins said...

I will get right on the Amazon action. But first I have to draft it very carefully. Look for it in a day or two.

Melinda said...

I love The King's English. I totally dream about doing a signing there someday.

I have terrible news,though. I have class on Tuesdays! I can't make it to your signing. I know your devastated. I am.(Believe me algebra is the worst!)

I'll just have to get my copy signed another time...like when you come to my kids' school.

Oh, I linked to your blog for your 13th Reality Charity Drive. And I'll be purchasing your book ASAP.

Tamra Norton said...

YAY! I'm actually flying into SLC on the afternoon of the 18th for my school visits and the writer's conference! Woohoo--I'm so psyched! I'll see if I can grab my sister and nephews and come crash the par-tay. :)

James Dashner said...

Luisa, thanks, can't wait to read it. I hope.

Melinda, thanks a ton for the link. You guys should check out her blog, she's really weird and hilarious and strange. My kind of person.

Tamra, please come! Please, please, please! The more the merrier.

Enna Isilee said...

Hey James! Dunno if you'll remember me. I was at LTUE and I was the one who brought Jessica chocolate and you gave me one of your "free" books. ;)

Crazily, when I went back to school on monday I discovered that you had given my librarian a copy of 13th Reality and she let me read it! I'm about half way through and I'm really likin' it.

TKE has got to be one of the coolest bookstores ever. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten to go there and just chill with Shannon Hale, she rocks hardcore. Unfortunately I doubt I can make it up this time. Sorry. Glad I got to see you already and hear you speak on the panels, even if it was before I had read any of your books.

Much love!
~Enna Isilee

Shanna Blythe said...

It is a really cool place. I went there when Jessica Day George had her signing for her new book. You'll love it! And hopefully I'll make it!!

Fly on the Wall said...

JD- nice to meet you tonight. we love the kings english. see you there!
-trent