Friday, September 18, 2009
I have a small concern. I've been reading many of the advance reader reviews on the internet (something Sara Zarr keeps telling me to NOT do) and I'm really surprised at how some of them are chock full of spoilers. A few are even telling things that happen clear up to the very end.
THE MAZE RUNNER depends heavily on surprise and intrigue. So... two things. Please put SPOILER ALERT before you spill the beans on significant plot points, and for those of you waiting to read it, please don't read the spoilers! I promise your experience reading this book will be so much better if you know little going in.
I don't know, is this a reasonable concern? I'm very thankful for the reviews and the time that went into them. Very much so. Especially you awesome bloggers out there (most of whom are totally great on warning about spoilers). I just want readers to have the best experience possible, and if you know certain things, the book might be ruined. In my opinion.
It's like when someone told my mother-in-law how THE SIXTH SENSE ended. Unforgivable! That person should've been sent to jail for life. Wait, I think it was my wife... haha. Love you sweetie! No, really! I do! Fine, I'll do the dishes...
In other news...
1. Okay, the winner of the forum thingy from my last post is Alysa. (Congrats!) So now I owe books to Jenn, LouMac, and Alysa. Make sure I have your address (email addy is in last post). Also, I'm waiting to see if they have more ARCs. If not, then you'll just have to get a hardback I guess.
2. If you missed the thing about the forum, go over to http://www.randombuzzers.com/ and sign up. I'll be doing official chats over there starting on Sept. 28th.
3. We are 17 days and 21 hours away from the release! Roughly.
4. My full tour schedule is up on the new website, http://www.themazerunner.com/. I'll be coming to 8 cities, and I hope to see many of you while out and about. Just click on the author section to see the tour details.
5. If you haven't played the game on there yet, do it! Even the great Shannon Hale got addicted to it and ignored her children. Serious, they were taken by the state child services just last night. Isn't that awesome?
6. I received some fun stuff in the mail: bookmarks and teaser chapter booklets for MAZE. Here's a picture (sorry my camera phone is so sucky - not sure where that glare came from):
7. I'm off to the LUW writer's conference at the Homestead in the mountains for 2 days. It's gonna be fun - I get to MC the awards dinner. Let's hope I don't make a fool of myself.
8. Everyone have a wonderful weekend!
Posted by James Dashner at 11:20 AM