Friday, October 19, 2007

Another Shout Out

Sorry I've been so quiet this week. The last couple of days were a whirlwind of school visits and I haven't had much time at the old potato rigormortis, aka computer (if you're confused, see prior post).

I want to give a shout out to the eight schools I visited: Centerville, Snow Horse, Vae View, Crestview, Holt, Antelope, Bluff Ridge, and Cook Elementary. I can't say enough about the school leaders, the teachers, the librarians, and, most importantly, the awesome students. You guys were great and I really enjoyed being with you. The future of our world is in good hands.

Also, a big thanks to Cathy Jensen and Brent Severe from the Davis School District Foundation. You guys are doing a lot of good and I'm glad I could help out. Cathy was an excellent host and was a lot of fun to hang out with. Especially as we ate an exorbitant amount of food at Red Lobster and Olive Garden!

Thanks to Deseret Book for lugging my books around, too. You guys are awesome.

If any of the students I visited happens across this blog, thanks for the hospitality! And thanks for courtesy laughing at all my lame jokes. Shoot me an email.

12 comments:

Luisa Perkins said...

I could easily get you a gig at our school if you ever feel like making the trip....

James Dashner said...

Well, I've traveled as far as South Carolina to speak to a school. Of course, they paid airfare and an honorarium. If your school has that kind of budget, shoot me an email.

When I'm rich like JK Rowling, I'll do them for free at my expense.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

When you're rich can you fly up to Canada and explain to my kids why I ignored them for three days so I could complete the Jimmy Fincher saga?

I'm recommending it to everyone I know, provisionally. Reading the first without having the others ready to hand? Could be very, very traumatic to readers of a sensitive nature.

Fabulous!

James Dashner said...

Well, Kim, that's flat out very nice. Thank you very, very much. Glad you liked them.

The Whitney's said...

If you ever do any signings down here in Payson, please let me know!

James Dashner said...

Can someone tell me how to delete a comment, like the lame one above where some schmoe tried to advertise?

Whitneys, as the book release nears, I will put a really good events link up here. Until then, I won't be doing much at all. Payson, huh? I love Payson!

The Whitney's said...

Payson's a good place! ;) I love it here. Unfortunately I don't have children yet, but who says all your signings are for them?

As for deleting comments...

Go to: Dashboard
click: Posts (Under View Blog)
Then, pick a post, and click where it says "___ comments" on the right(ish) side of the screen. It will then take you to those comments, and will have a little trash can next to them. Click it, it shall be deleted...

You can also enable comment moderation in your Settings/Comments :) Hope that helps :D

James Dashner said...

Boy, do I feel stupid. That was easy! That'll teach this Tara person a thing or two.

Thanks, Whitneys.

I'm itching with excitement. Those teaser chapter booklets should be done any day now. Can't wait to see it.

Annie Bailey said...

Hi James,

Since we're on the topic of school visits. I would like to hear more about the visits you do. What do you do with the kids? What was your first visit like? What have you learned and/or changed as you've gained experience doing the visits. I'd love to hear about your experiences and any advice you have.

Thanks! Annie

James Dashner said...

Great question, Annie. That deserves its own post. You've officially been added to the Q&A lineup. Which I will begin TOMORROW.

Yes, that's right, you heard correctly. Tomorrow, there will be a Q&A posting.

Annie Bailey said...

Great! I'm looking forward to it.