Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Borders Monthly

For the life of me, I can't think of anything to blog about today. So I thought I'd provide some links if you wanna see the extras provided in the April newsletter for Borders Bookstores. Also, I finally saw my book on the Original Voices shelf in an actual bookstore, which was way cool. Sarah, maybe you can do a picture out there and send it to me for posting.

Anyway, from the April 2008 My Borders Monthly:

Sample text (Chapter 1): CLICK HERE

Sample audio (Chapter 2): CLICK HERE

Sample gallery of illustrations: CLICK HERE

A letter from me to Borders Customers: CLICK HERE

Pretty cool, huh? Borders, thank you very much!

Here's your lyrics for the day:

Baby slow down
The end is not as fun as the start
Please stay a child somewhere in your heart
- U2

If you haven't seen it yet, be sure and check out the official Book Trailer for my book: CLICK HERE

Also, I apologize for making an error. I will be in SAN ANTONIO, not Houston, on May 15-16. Sorry, Houstonites and Tamra Norton. I promise I will come there soon.

10 comments:

Lauren said...

I found that out this morning. I can't tell you how disappointed I was when my mom told me that there had been a error and that you weren't coming. It completely ruined my mood. *sniff* Well I guess I can wait until the Fall. It's going to be a long couple months.
:(

Rachelle Christensen said...

Holy cow! I just watched the book trailer and that is so stinkin' awesome! They did a great job and I bet it was fun for you to see your character come to life.

Emmie-Lew said...

Need a place to stay in San Antonio? You better come and hang out with us!

Frank Cole said...

The trailer is awesome! They really made that look nice. Being new to a lot of the writing world, what does the Borders Original Voice Award involve?

Tamra Norton said...

You'd BETTER make it here by fall or we're going to have an uprising in our community! There are already several kiddos in mourning...but I'm sure they'll survive.

Anyhoo...have fun in San Antonio (I suppose). :)

James Dashner said...

Sunbum and Tamra, I'm really, really sorry. If it makes you feel better, I've been physically ill about it ever since I found out the mistake. I'll make it up to you. Maybe we can all go out to dinner or something when I do come to Houston.

Emmie-lew, we definitely need to get together. Maybe dinner on that Thursday?

Frank, my studly DB friend: Original Voices is a section in Borders that changes out monthly. It's to spotlight "up and coming" artists.

Marcia Mickelson said...

San Antonio? That's cool. I live in San Antonio. Where will you be here?

Anonymous said...

I thought I'd let you know that for the last couple weeks, kids have been coming in and buying the book, and every time I'm cashiering and someone brings it up, I brag about how I was your bodyguard and I tell everyone how good the book is and how cool you are.

So Barnes & Noble 2211 is still awesome. =)

~Kir3sten (Tigger)~
~The BodyGuard~

James Dashner said...

Marcia, not sure on any of the details yet. But you'll definitely have to come see me!

Kir3sten, you will never be forgotten. Every time I do a signing and unruly 10 year olds try to hug me, I think of you. I can't wait until I'm a billionaire and can hire your protective services full time.

And I'm glad you're keeping in touch! And please don't quit being psycho, and keep selling my books down in Arizona.

Danyelle Ferguson said...

James

I love your letter to the Borders customers. It was awesome. Have fun in San Antonio! When are you coming to Kansas City? Hmm?