Monday, January 19, 2009

Status, Website, and Dinosaurs

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day! CNN showed the full "I Have a Dream" speech today and I recorded it for my kids to watch tonight. Hopefully they'll have a Cosby Show moment. Remember that episode? Um, remember that show?

Writing is going well. My latest update: Book 3 is now 20,011 words.

I noticed my publisher did some updates to the 13th Reality website. I think they're still working on it, but if you haven't been there in awhile, go check it out: http://www.the13threality.com/.

This past weekend my family went to see the Walking with Dinosaurs show that's currently touring the nation. It was expensive, which is really sad because the place was only half full and the show was awesome. We, of course, bought the cheapest tickets (still 30 bucks each, even for kids!) and then went down to sit in this huge empty section near the front. Think smarter, not harder.

The pictures from my cell phone don't do it justice because it makes everything look so small, but it was really awesome and my kids will never forget it. I guess we're one of those families doing a "staycation" cuz we were originally going to visit Seaworld but decided not to at the last minute. Here are the pics. Those things were life sized and looked and acted and sounded REAL:







8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! Were the dinosaurs robots or were they just people under a big dinosaur suit-thingy? And book 3! 20,11 words! Including the title, or just the book?

Frank Cole said...

We did the $30 tickets as well, but when we went it was packed. Still, really awesome! Plus, we sat behind some really gross and scary people that my youngest son kept kicking in the back. Not only did I get to watch a great Dinosaur show, but I almost had to defend my family against some of the starring characters from The Texas Chain Saw Massacre movie.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think your phone-camera pictures turned out great! My lil' troops would have loved to see that show but alas...it didn't work out this go 'round. And there's nothing wrong with staycations. Some of my best memories with my M&D were staycations. (Please let that be the case with my kiddos.)

20K+ words already?! WOW! You go, James!

Annette Levy said...

Me and my brother & sister went with our aunt to see the dinosaur show, and it really was awesome! My brother won a costume contest on Halloween, and he won 4 tickets to the "Walking With Dinos" show, and when our aunt came to visit, we had a whole evening of it!
I was more convinced by the smaller raptor-like dinosaurs and the baby T-rex than with the larger, bulkier monsters. Everyone sitting around seemed to have something from the concession stands, but we saved money by eating before the show.

Happy "Martin Luther King Jr. Day", and looking forward to the Inauguration tomorrow!

Jeremiah said...

I have to see this show simply from looking at those pictures! I'm going to have a hard time convincing my parents though.

LouMac said...

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day to you too! I definitely want to see that show. The cellphone pictures aren't that bad!

If we didn't have Leap Year, my birthday would have been today! Oh well, I guess I have to wait until tomorrow! Yeah me!

Anyways, I am going to check out your site. Good luck with your writing!

J.N. Future Author said...

sounds like you have been having fun! ^.^

Anonymous said...

I totally remember that Cosby Show. I also remember MASH. Like, every episode. Though I haven't seen one in probably 10 years. Go ahead, quiz me.