Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Change the World Tour: Day 10

I thought I'd go ahead and post about the day before my booksigning tonight. My flight leaves Phoenix at 6:00 am so I need to go beddy-bye as soon as I get back. 6:00 am. What kind of a horrible person would schedule a 6 am flight? (I'm looking at you, Angie.)

Actually, I'm totally kidding because I got off easy only having one such flight this time around. I think Brandon Mull went to a different city every day the first week when Fablehaven 2 came out. Can't wait for that!

Today I frolicked with glee at the following schools: Canyon Springs Elementary, Gavilan Peak School, and Diamond Canyon Elementary. Once again, Virgel Cain from Barnes and Noble showed how studly he is by going to the schools with me. This guy truly and sincerely cares about kids and literacy. Awesome.

A big thanks to Judy Valko (the second librarian from whom I will steal a name for a future book), Gloria Lorton, and Jo Ellen Mercer from the schools. I was treated very well and had a great time with the students. We had really large assemblies today, and I had a blast stepping on people and hearing their groans of pain as I made my way through the crowds for comments.

Virgil and I also swung by the library in Anthem to pay a visit.

My wife will be utterly embarrassed by my choices of meals today: McDonald's and Jack in the Box. What was I thinking?

Well, I have to leave for the signing in a few minutes, and then it's straight to bed. I'll let you know tomorrow how the event goes. For now, just assume that we sold tons of books and that no children were harmed in the process. I do wish the moms would quit hitting on me while I'm signing books, though. It gets really old. I'm happily married, thank you very much. (Yes, I'm kidding - on the moms hitting on me part, not the happily married part.)

I'm sure my wife is mortified right about now. See ya tomorrow. For those of you in Utah, come see me at the Jordan Landing Barnes and Noble in West Jordan tomorrow night (Wed) at 6:30!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for the prolific blogging and sharing all the tour stops with us. Hope your voice is holding up okay - decaf herbal tea with honey is the ultimate remedy that I learned from my high school choir days! I'm sure one of your spiffy hotels will serve you some - Hang in there!

lisa :)

Irish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Irish said...

"frolicked with glee"??

Seriously? Who says that these days?? *lol*

In other news...if you are looking for a good movie I highly recommend Penelope. Saw it tonight. Great film. If you liked Stardust and Princess Bride then you'll like this one.

~Gail

Tamra Norton said...

It's been a lot of fun to hear about all your frolicking, James. You've got me excited for my little UT trip in just 1 week--eek! I'm also looking forward to catching up with you at The Kings English on the 18th and then the Storymaker's conference. Have a safe trip home.

Anonymous said...

I bought 5 books the first week so donate away for your charity. I was glad to see you bro and continue to be blown away by this whole thing.

Paul

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx said...

I agree with Irish..."frolicked with glee" sounded a bit fairy tale-ish. Too funny! Made me laugh.

Angie G said...

If you weren't in such demand, I woulnd't have to book your flights at 6 a.m.
Do fell better knowing you get to sleep in your own bed tonight?

Rachelle Christensen said...

James,
I forgot to tell you that I bought one of your books for your charity!
Glad to hear all about your tour info.

Marsha Ward said...

Anthem has a library? Whoa! The north side is getting pretty big for its britches.

I know, I know. They even give the daily temps for Anthem on the news now. They'll never do that for my little hamlet.