1. Hi, how are you doing?
2. The 13th Reality has received a lot of good reviews in the bloggy world, which we've been thrilled about. But one this week just really struck me as well written and very perceptive of what I tried to accomplish in the book, without giving things away. Plus, the reviewer loved it! Her name is Tia (I think) and she runs a blog called Fantasy Debut. I just discovered it and it's awesome - she basically reviews any major release in that genre. Please go check it out: CLICK HERE.
3. This is really cool: my book was #8 in the Deseret Book store chain the last couple of weeks, so for the next two weeks I'll be prominently displayed in the bestseller section in all of their stores. Hopefully that'll just create a snowball effect from the extra exposure. I think they have about 50 stores, so that's great news. Thanks, DB!
4. Have I mentioned lately how much I love Borders Bookstores? I can't wait to see the effect of all the things they are doing for me nationwide in April. I hope it doesn't tank for them. If you're new to the Dashner Dude, they are doing THREE major things about The 13th Reality. I'll be in their Original Voices section, they ordered 20,000 teaser chapter booklets for their teacher education packets, and there will be a story on me in their newsletter.
I'm not saying this to brag. I'm saying this because I feel strongly I should thank them for their support as often as I can. Borders, you truly ROCK!!!!!!
5. Can I just tell you that I love Led Zeppelin? Ever since I got my iPod, I've been rediscovering them over and over. Not that I ever abandoned them, but carrying around CDs was about the stupidest thing on the planet. How did people live in the album days? Anyway, I'd just like to reiterate to the world that LZ is the best band ever.
I hereby declare that when my book is made into a movie, I will insist that Kashmir plays during the credits. Hollywood, take note. I won't budge on this. Well, unless you pay me a lot of money.
6. Do you realize I haven't seen a movie in over a month? This is the most frightening thing that's ever happened to me. I feel empty inside. How can I be so busy that I haven't taken 2 hours to go see a movie? This is shameful. Note to wife: please "make" me go to the movies this weekend. Anyone have suggestions?
Movies are a HUGE part of my creative process. When I write, my ideas form very visually in my mind, often inspired by recent trips to the theater or DVD player. Next to reading, movies affect my writing more than anything else, and it's a very close second.
7. Spring is here. And it's awesome. I'm a big winter guy, but even I was getting tired of this long, cold, snowy winter in Utah. It's so stinkin nice outside!
8. Have a nice day. You really look great today. Did you lose some weight?
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
1. Hi, how are you doing?
Posted by James Dashner at 9:29 AM