Monday, March 17, 2008

The King's English and Miss Zoot


Tuesday night. March 18th. Tomorrow. 7:00 pm.

I really want this to be a good event for The King's English. So, if you live within 100 miles of the bookstore, please quit being so selfish and drive over to see us. I mean, after all, you do get a free poster - doesn't that make it worth the gas? :-) And a chance to hear me read from my book and ask me questions. Why, you should be willing to drive 200 miles. Nay, 300! (Okay, do I sound desperate yet?)

Here is the address: 1511 South 1500 East in Salt Lake City. It's right next to a Starbucks in case you need a cappuccino or hot chocolate or caramel steamer or strawberry frap (my fave).

It'll be a lot of fun. And it's the coolest place - you have to see it if you've never been there. I think our crowd will be quaint and intimate and very, very fun since I didn't speak at any schools associated with the signing. So please come!!!!!!!

And I'm sorry for calling you selfish.

By the way, Miss Zoot is having a giveaway for a signed copy of The 13th Reality. All you have to do is comment to enter. Check it out: CLICK HERE.

And for those of you who liked my book, please go review it on Amazon and bn.com. If you have time, of course. Because I love you.

13 comments:

Janet said...

Your book sounds amazing; I read about it on Zoot's blog. If I don't win, I'll be heading over to my local Barnes & Noble to pick up a copy :-)

Shanna Blythe said...

James,
I really, really wanted to come to this, but I don't think I'm going to make it. CURSES! Just a week later would have been PERFECT.

Good luck with it and I'll see you on Friday!

Tamra Norton said...

I'll be there--all the way from Houston! How's THAT! :)

James Dashner said...

Janet, I hope you win! Thanks for stopping by.

Shanna, we'll miss you. Tami, thanks for showing Shanna what a true friend is.

Anonymous said...

This does look intriguing, as does your other series. I'd love to read a copy, but there doesn't seem to be one in a library in Ohio anywhere. I'll keep looking!

Unknown said...

I'm coming, with kids in tow! They are so excited because, as a rich and famous author, you're way cooler than a "barely known" author (like their mom). LOL

See you tonight!

James Dashner said...

Jaime, can't wait to see you. Thanks for coming.

Ms. Yingling, The 13th Reality is brand new, so it will probably take a bit to get in the libraries. You could always request it to hurry up the process.

As for my other books, they weren't really released nationally, so it'll take awhile for them to resurrect, as well. Sorry!

Tamra Norton said...

Grrrr--my flight was just canceled today due to weather. Tornado warnings or something--whatever... Guess I'll see you a few days later. I'm bring my 13th copy for my famousauthorfriend to sign.

James Dashner said...

Oh, Tami, that really really bites. I'm so sorry. But at least you're safe, right!?

Tamra Norton said...

Aside from irritated, I'm fine--got my ruby slippers on, so all is well.

Shanna Blythe said...

Ha! Not talking about what a great friend Tami is NOW are ya??!! ;)

Good luck tonight . . . and Tami I'm so sorry that you didn't get to come when planned--that so stinks, but it's good that you are safe and fine!

Fly on the Wall said...

JD- great presentation tonight. we had such a great time.

I came home from my meeting and the boys were asleep. I looked at Noah's copy of your new book and he was already up to chapter 10.

-trent

James Dashner said...

Trent, I really appreciate you coming. Your boys are total studs!